Friday, March 16, 2012

Jessica Sanchez now part of 'Idol' Top 10!

Filipino-Mexican Jessica Sanchez survived the second elimination round of "American Idol Season 11" even after failing to impress the show's judges.

On Thursday (Friday morning in Manila), "American Idol" announced that Sanchez is now one of the top 10 finalists who will be part of the show's Season 11 tour.

Other finalists include Joshua Ledet, Philip Phillips, Skylar Laine, Colton Dixon, Deandre Brackensick, Hollie Cavanagh, Heejun Han, Elise Testone and Erika Van Pelt.

Shannon Magrane was eliminated from the show.

On Wednesday (Thursday in Manila), Sanchez failed to impress the show's judges -- Randy Jackson, Steve Tyler and Jennifer Lopez -- with her rendition of Gloria Estefan's "Turn the Beat Around."

Both Jackson and Tyler advised Sanchez to be careful in choosing her songs.

"I don't think you should stray too far from that [ballads]," Tyler said. "The rhythm that you sang with the song was just a little shady. But again, I love your voice, and they do, too."

Sanchez, for her part, admitted that she had a hard time picking a song for this week.

"I'm actually glad that they gave me some [criticism] because I know I'm not perfect. I need that to step up my game. Hopefully if I'm here next week, I can do that, take their criticism and work on it," she said.

She also thanked Filipinos for their support.

"Thank you guys for all the support and love. I hope I can visit the Philippines one day. You guys are amazing!" Sanchez said. -- 

With a report from Yong Chavez, ABS-CBN North America News Bureau

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...