Saturday, March 3, 2012

Dennis enjoys working with kiddie stars

While televiewers often see Dennis Trillo in roles that require him to act romantic, rough or devious, it is GMA 7’s primetime drama Biritera that allows him to display his musical talent and at the same time work with kiddie stars Roseann Magan, Barbara Miguel and Sweet Ramos.

“It’s more relaxed and enjoyable to work with kids,“ says Dennis on his role as older brother/band leader Andrei. “Unlike in heavy drama or in a love story where I really have to be focused all the time, here, I can totally relate to my character because I know how to deal with kids and I love music. I can also sing.”

The only thing that Dennis diligently works on every time the camera rolls is the ability to effectively display rapport with newcomer Roseann.

“Roseann is very pleasant to work with. She’s excited in our every scene and as a newbie, she’s a fast learner. She welcomes our suggestions that’s why we are glad to help her succeed.”

No, Dennis adds, he didn’t have a hard time mingling with the kiddie stars during taping breaks. He knows too well how to handle their kakulitan being a dad to his and former girlfriend Carlene Aguilar’s four-year-old son Calix.

“I have a soft spot for children kasi syempre may anak din ako kaya talagang nakakasabay ako saenergy level nila.”

A proud dad, Dennis shares that this early, Calix is showing an inclination towards music. He also takes Calix with him on the set for his son to understand his job.

Asked if he would allow Calix to join showbiz when he grows up, Dennis replies, “There’s no sign yet that he likes what I’m doing although he loves music at yun ang nakikita kong nakuha n’ya sa akin. He loves playing with my drums and guitars.”

He, too, shares that he has already introduced Bianca King to his son who addresses her as “Tita.” But Dennis is tight-lipped regarding the real score between them.

“I cannot tell that we’re officially together. Uso pa ba ang mag-aminan? Basta, my lovelife is okay, tahimik. All I can say is I’m inspired to work now at isa siya (Bianca) sa mga inspirasyon ko.”

Aside from Biritera, Dennis will also star in the Ogie Alcasid topbiller Boy Pick Up and in the indie film Ang Katiwala for Cinemalaya.

-philstar

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...